Saturday, October 1, 2011

DIY Laundry Soap

Well I have been talking to some family members and have seen online quite a bit about DIY Laundry Soap. It's very cheap compared to washing with Brand name Laundry Soap that you've bought at your local store. So I'm going to share the "recipe" so to speak with you!

First you'll need to get these items:
5 or 10 gallon bucket
Arm & Hammer Washing Soda ---yes WASHING not baking.. heh heh
Borax laundry Booster
A bar of Fels-Naptha
A bar of your favorite bar soap.. I am using Ivory
Fabulouso --Try and find the one with Oxy in it, but not completely necessary . I use this for the scent.
Oxy Clean --This is my fall back if oxy isn't in the fabulouso
Dawn Dish Soap -- For the fighting power against grease. I have children. Haha!

Measurements:
1 Cup of the Washing soda Borax Fabulouso
1/2 cup of the Dawn Dish Soap
1 bar of both Fels- Naptha & Ivory --or whatever bar soap you use.
4 cups of water in pan
then an additional 3 gallons of HOT water


The super easy directions are as followed:


Shred the bar soap and Fels-Naptha Cheese grater works well here.

Put 4 cups of water in a pan on a medium heat --- don't let it boil ----

Stir with a whisk or a similar stirrer to get all the clumps and chunks out

Dump the melted mix into the large bucket (I use a 5 gallon bucket) with the rest of the

ingredients and stir every 15 to 20 mins. It will look like a gel type of soap.



Now this is just my mix that I got from a family member. You can switch things up, to your liking. I have also seen people who use Essential oils to scent their laundry. It's all up to you!

Happy Laundry Days in the future! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment