Thursday, July 14, 2011

New testing

I took Lilly to see if we can get her an official diagnosis from a Developmental Ped. They said that they would like to do a full evaluation on her, to see what kinds of help we can get her. She is still in OT and I am now offered a behavioral therapist for her. We go to see her next Wednesday morning. I am a little iffy on this, only because I really don't want to be pressured into using any drugs on her. I know I will have the final say of course, but I guess I am mostly just scared because I don't know exactly what a Behavioral Therapist really do. The Social Worker I talked with at the initial appointment said that she will probably introduce her to things that she has reactions to, in hopes that more interactions, she can then learn how to cope with it.

Thing is.. she's only almost 3. How is she suppose to cope.. she's naturally having issues just being almost 3. It's frustrating knowing that I really want help for her but, not knowing what is going on or what is to come, is driving me bonkers.

The testing could take up to 3 months, and will be calling me to set the appointments up. 3 months. Blah!

Lilly's been really having a few rough days. I think its because Dad is home and working 2nd shift this week. She's asking for a lot of space. Followed by a lot of NO NO No!'s so we are working through this, I have to admit I am loosing patience some days. Thankful for a computer and Nick Jr. some days. I just keep praying..and praying for patience and that she learns on her own to help herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment