Friday, January 20, 2012

Mother Nature is on the Fritz again!

I tell ya! I really think that Mother Nature has gone wacky!   My hometown is West Seattle, Washington. Growing up I think we had maybe a handful, maybe two of school closings when it came to winter weather.  It's true that it does rain a lot there. But, usually is during the winter months and early spring. I think I only remember 1 time where we got sent home because of weather that was coming.  When we got snow, it usually was only an inch or so and the whole city shuts down. It sounds ridiculous but it's true! Seattle is full of hills and nobody knows how to drive in the stuff.  It's as if common sense flies out the window at first sign of a drop of a snowflake.   So people are finally thinking, and are staying home.

Here in Toledo.. well it's winter. It's finally here, and we are due to get another 3-5inches by Saturday morning! It's going to start coming down overnight heavily, but they said around 3pm we'll be getting a few snow showers.  With all the snow, my biggest pet peeve is scrapping the car.  I am usually the one to get the girls up and running in the morning.  I usually have to go out and brush off the trailblazer and scrap the windows.  Now, visualize a oompa loompa trying to brush off a huge pickup truck.   Yes. That's pretty much me, nil the orange. I'm 5'4" and it's a job all in itself.   So I had to find a easier way. There has to be an easier way to get this ice business outta here!

So I went to Pintrest.. why well I heart Pintrest! And there are a ton of great links to ideas on Pintrest. That's what it's all about!  If you're not there, let me know, and I will send you an invite!  So I came across these Pins.




This first one is a list of help tips on winter whoas.  It's from http://www.coffeebreakwithlizandkate.com  Few helpful tips, and who doesn't like tips right!? My favorite from them is the sanitizer tip! 


The second one is from http://www.homemademamas.net . 





They have a few different routes to take, but all easy!  I really hope these help you!
If you have any other tips PLEASE Share them with me!! I love simple and easy stuff to get rid of the nasty icy mess that mother nature brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment